Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bored!!


This week is so boring at my house. Last week was a frenzy of activity with camps and what not, but this week is sort of dead. And I have no enthusiasm for cooking - anything! Last night we had the salmon tacos again, and on Monday we had some breaded turkey breast cutlet thingys that I got at Wegmans on the weekend. I don't usually shop at Wegmans, but they are the only supermarket in my area now carrying the Hershey's Dutch Processes Cocoa Powder. Giant and Safeway are not stocking it anymore for some strange reason.

I have no clue what we are going to have tonight, but I'm sure it's going to be totally lame and involve some kind of pasta.

The good news is that I did find a great recipe for Beef Stroganoff over at Elle's New England Kitchen so I might conjure some of that up tomorrow night. It's not really the season for it, but I really feel like it!

In the mean time, here are some of my hydrangeas:

4 comments:

Elle said...

Cathie, thanks for the shout out! Your hydrangeas are gorgeous. I want to rip out the huge rhododendron in out front yard and replace it with some of those.

I have weeks like that, too, when I don't feel like cooking. And bored? Kids are always bored, even if they did something totally exciting five minutes ago, right? ;)

Cathie said...

That is SO true about the kids!!

You can't go wrong with the hydrangeas - they are really lovely inside or out.

Leah said...

Ooh, are those Nikko Blue hydrangeas? My neighbor has those outside her kitchen window. She says they're really picky about their soil (the hydrangeas, that is). I'd love to have some here but I'm a sucky gardener and would probably kill 'em.

I haven't been motivated to cook this week either...we've been so busy!

Cathie said...

Leah - I don't know what kind of hydrangeas these are. The flowers have changed colours a couple of times in the 10 years I've lived here. They started off pale blue and then started to go purple and I even have some pink ones,and one bush that has half pink/half blue heads of flowers!