Sunday, July 20, 2008

Gazpacho!!



Doesn't gazpacho sound like an exclamation of something good? Like you could use it on a happy occasion? "oh, you're getting married! Gazpacho!" And it sort of makes you feel like that after you have eaten some for lunch. My friend Nancy made some on Friday with fresh tomatoes from her garden, and she shared it with me, as I gave her the recipe from Ina's original Barefoot Contessa book.

I thought it turned out really well, fresh and fabulous. The parmesan croutons topped it off very nicely! Just the perfect thing for a day like today when it is 95F in the shade, in my backyard.

Here's the recipe.

Great job with the gazpacho, Nancy! Gazpacho!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. As the novice that I am, it didn't occur to me to halve the recipe so I made the 8-10 serving version. Anyone want seconds??

Gobblebit said...

Yum! I'm missing the summer tomato's already!