Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Weekend Dinners

I haven't posted for a few days as nothing really remarkable has come out of the kitchen since Thursday night! I can't even remember what we had for dinner on Friday night - so it must not have been amazing. On Saturday we had Indian. I don't make it from scratch, I use the Kitchens of India Butter Chicken paste, and also their Palak Paneer. I tried making my own chapati as well, and it was a bit of a disaster. I don't think I had enough water in the dough. Anyway, they all burned a bit and tasted like paper, so that was a waste of time and flour.

Sunday I made Thai Chicken and Noodle Salad from the ever trusty May 2008 Everyday Food. I thought it turned out nicely and was really easy to put together.

I've had some very successful Asian dinners from the Everyday Food. I've done a Green Chicken Curry, Cashew Chicken, the Thai Chicken Salad and a light salad with cilantro dressing and chicken and cashews.

We are going to have the Turkey Burgers again tonight. I need a full stomach so I can deal with Andrew Lloyd Webber night on American Idol and then of course, Hell's Kitchen!!!! I wonder what Gordon with throw on the wall tonight?

No comments: