Saturday, April 5, 2008

Garlic and Parmesan Turkey Burgers

Tonight for dinner, after the frenzy of the Banana Cake and the Whopper cookies I thought that burgers would be a good idea, seeing as I didn't actually have to go outside and cook them on the grill, I could get my husband to do that!

I adapted the burger recipe from an Everyday Food recipe for meatballs.

1 lb of ground lean turkey
1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1 egg
2 cloves of garlic or 2 teaspoons of ready minced garlic
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix it all together and then form into six good sized burgers. They take about 20 mins on the grill.

I threw them on some ciabatta rolls with shredded lettuce and some tomato. Delicious.


sweetrosie said...

I've had dodgy interent connection and have missed some of your posts. What great reading it made when I caught up this morning!
I love the banana cake, as you know, and the Vegemite post with your beautiful photos was great :)
We had Vietnamese meat rolls for lunch yesterday - bought ones. They're $3 and have porky meats, pate, coriander, carrot, cucumber, chilli,& fish sauce in one of those flaky French/Vietnamese rolls - delicious. Your's looked gorgeous Cathie. I always love your photos!

Sylvie said...

I haven't had a good burger in ages, seeing this really makes me want one.

Tarah said...

Mmmm, this really wants me to have a burger...

The parmesan and garlic sounds brilliant in a turkey burger!

Patricia Scarpin said...

These are delicious!!! I ave never thought of adding parmesan to burger. That's genius!

Ali said...

What a great recipe!

I loved it so much, I included it in a weekly roundup of the best recipes on the web, over at Blissfully Domestic. (

Thanks for the recipe!! :o)