Friday, May 23, 2008

Mushroom and Leek Tart


We had a very light summer dinner tonight, to celebrate the fact that the temperature actually hit 70 here in Virginia. I still have my heat on here for the mornings, where it has been a crisp 51 degrees!

I made the Leek Tart from June's Everyday Food. They had lots of really good recipes this month and I'm making a few more this weekend which I will post.

I modified the recipe a bit by adding mushrooms to the leeks and then I served it with some roasted chicken.

Here's is the recipe. I diced up the mushrooms and added them about 5 minutes after the leeks had started to cook. For the pastry, I bought the Pepperidge Farm frozen puff pastry. I just can't make pastry like that, and this is supposed to be an easy dinner!

It was delicious!

1 comment:

Sylvie said...

Leek and mushroom, those gotta be good.