Saturday, March 15, 2008

Pasta for Dinner

I made the Angel Hair Pasta, Bacon and Peas from the March 2008 Everyday Food. We had it for dinner last night and it was only OK. The sauce was very thin as it was only Half and Half, no cheese mixed in, no egg. The kids even ate the peas and bacon, but picked out the onion, which was a very labour intensive task, so it took them forever to eat their dinner.

This week, Martha Stewart launched her new book "Cookies", and it has 175 cookie recipes. I have a feeling that it is going to contain 100 recipes that I already have from the Dec 2005 Holiday Cookie Magazine. I have only seen Martha show it off on her show the other day, but the whole layout looks excatly the same. I'd love to have the book, but I think I'm going to give it a miss unless I find out that it's 175 completely different and unique cookies from anything else she's published before.

I haven't watched Top Chef yet, but I've heard it's great. Hopefully I'll get to it tomorrow night.

I'm going to make a sponge cake tomorrow, my Nana's recipe, so I'll be posting that as soon as I can.

No comments: