Friday, January 11, 2008

Nitrate Free Pizza

Now that I'm rid of my sickness, I took my daughter out last night for pizza (my son was at a birthday party), and we went to Fire Works Wood Fired Pizza. I thought it was delicious.

We had a 14" pizza, half Six Cheese and Herbs (Mozzarella, Provolone, Asiago, Parmesan,Fontina, Gruyere, Organic Tomato Sauce) and half Quattro Carni (Nitrate Free Pepperoni, Salami, All Beef Meatballs, Nitrate Free Italian Sausage, Organic Tomato Sauce and Cheese). I bought the meat half home for my husband, and he also declared it great. Fire Works try and use as much food as they can from local growers, which I like and I also like the nitrate free meats.

It wasn't quite as good as the Flatbread Company in Portland, Maine, where all the food is organic and free range and nitrate free, but it was still very good.

I really prefer to go to the one off restaurants around here, not the big chains, but sometimes they are really hard to avoid, because where we live the chains are EVERYWHERE.

No comments: