Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fruits of the Forest


I cannot tell a lie.
I did not make this pie.


But it is almost home made! It's from the fantastic Hepburn Orchards Bakery in Hancock, MD. They have 34 kinds of regular pie, 6 kinds of "no sugar added" pies (not sure I want those ones!) and 6 kinds of meringue and cream pies.


We have bought pies from them quite a few times over the past 10 years. This last weekend my husband took the kids to see his parents in Pennsylvania, and he kindly stopped on the way home in Hancock to get me this Fruits of the Forest pie. I love berry pies and desserts, even though I'm not a great pie lover in general.
Highly recommended if you are ever passing through Maryland on Rt 70!

2 comments:

Mansi said...

that does look pretty! and I really like the name:) but maryland is way too far!!:)

SteamyKitchen said...

haha - i love your first line! Because I saw the pic, and thought, "DAMN. Cathie made a good lookin' pie"