Friday, February 22, 2008

Another "Snow Day"

I've been off the air all week, because there have been a few things going on around here and I haven't really cooked anything great or had time to update.

We are having ANOTHER ice/snow day off school for no apparent reason. It's a bit icy out there this morning, but the majority of the storm missed us entirely. We were supposed to have 2 inches of snow and then ice on top, and there is barely a dusting of snow. So the kids were off last Wednesday, Monday for Presidents Day and then today because of the faux ice situation.

You'll all be happy to know that we did get to use the grill and we had fillet mignon, and they were delicious.

I made the Curried Carrot Soup again on Sunday. It's so quick and easy and very yummy.

On Wednesday we had semi-homemade Indian. I used a Chicken Tika packet that I got from the Indian grocery story, and I also bought some roti, which we had to cook in the cast iron pan. Once we got the hang of it they puffed up really nicely, and they were fun to do.

I'm going to attempt the meringues again this weekend, and this time I'm going to use the piping bag. It should be interesting!!

No comments: