Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Menu Planning for This Week

It's not really "menu" planning, it's really dinner planning, and it's making my life so much easier. I just go through the books, choose what I want to make and then shop for the stuff, and make sure I thaw the fish or meat or whatever in the morning, so there's no rush at the dinner hour.

Last night I made Morocan Chicken Stew from Everyday Food October 2007.

morocan-chicken-stew.jpg


Sadly, this is not my photo, because I forgot to take one, but this one from Martha Stewart is basically what it looks like, except that I have to put mine on rice because Marc doesn't like cous cous and also the kids will eat rice as well, so that covers everyone. I just cooked a plain chicken breast for the kids, because there is no way they would eat this. Which suits me fine because I get left overs for lunch!

The rest of the week we'll be having Talaipia Loins with Lemon Butter Sauce, my own recipe Spaghetti Bolognaise on Halloween, Parmesan Chicken with baked polenta and then Steak Sandwiches on Friday, which I'm sure won't be as tasty as these ones becuase I just can't make myself use that much butter!!

No comments: