Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Incredible

I was going to say that it's incredible that Jessica Seinfeld's book Deceptively Delicious is still number 1 on the Amazon.Com bestseller list, but I just checked and it's actually down to #2, because some snore about emerging real estate markets is now #1. How fickle is the American public?

Anyway, my love affair with Deceptively Delicious started on a Friday and ended on a Sunday two days later. I was convinced that this book and these recipes were going to change my life - a bit like when they brought out the Swiffer (I've gone back to the broom).

It was all too difficult for no pay off really. The kids didn't really enjoy it, and it was so much work to puree all the vegies etc. I have chronicled my experience here and Mrs Names' fun times with it here.

The only positive thing that came out of it was that Marc took the left over Mac & Cheese to work and some people there loved it and wanted the recipe.

I have not re-opened that book at all. And it held so much nutritional promise!

No comments: